Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ardvark'd, Documentary film on software creation!, is out!!

"Aardvark'd: 12 Weeks with Geeks," has been released!, and after following many a links I even found out about complete cost of the project and projected profits.
Links traveled, the start, the coffee break, oh I remember that, I knew this guy too! [I think about five years ago, I directed some of my customers to this site, to explain why they should use version control in software development! If you are a software gadgeteer, remember to bookmark this link.] and finally the clip.
The Software project,New York-based Fog Creek Software creating a product from scratch to shipping was documented by director Lerone Wilson. It is now done, both the software the interns created and the film. Software is a twist in remote computer support, lets two users connect each other online for tech support. Find about the company and software here. I have glanced at this project on and off during the summer, initially found on this site.
Well if you want to be an intern for summer 2006, better hurry!
The film, Ardvark'd, (see a clip here, if you are unable to see use wmv here) is also shipping, in DVD format. I will get a copy! Just because of the people involved.
Here is a short list;
Intern:..........................Tyler Griffin Hicks-Wright
Intern:..........................Benjamin Pollack
Intern:..........................Yaron Guez
Intern:..........................Michael Lehenbauer
CEO Fog Creek Software:..........................Joel Spolsky I like his style
Creator VisiCalc:..........................Dan BricklinOne of the first software application I used created by this guy!
Founder ViaWeb:..........................Paul Graham
President Fog Creek Software:..........................Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software:..........................Elizabeth Gordon
Fog Creek Software:..........................Brett Kiefer
Fog Creek Software:..........................Ben Kamens
Fog Creek Software:..........................Dmitri Kalmar
I hope you at least see the clip.

No comments: