Friday, November 17, 2006

Fleck is alive and you can leave flecks on any webpage

Mashable' Pete has published about the much awaited information about the Amsterdam based Fleck.com. I also visited Fleck and it's blog. There seems to be some controversy about Pete's timing of the publishing the article. Here is a peevee about that, "And we urged them not to publish their articles before Techrunch posted their article. Apparently Pete couldn’t control himself any longer and I had a misunderstanding (see comments) and he published his post moments ago. This is unfortunate and I regret it happened.".
But I am happy that Pete did that because I am flecking away now. I will add this to one of my sites, once I get hang of it.
From Pete's mouth itself ;
"One of the advantages is that Fleck doesn’t necessarily require you to install a browser extension to start adding annotations to web pages - you can start adding notes by entering a URL on the site itself, or just drag and drop a bookmarklet into your browser. Once you start Flecking, you can add notes and bullet points to a page, save it to Fleck, blog it or share it via email. You don’t even need to create an account: Fleck seems to save these notes right in your browser. If you do create an account, however, you can log in on multiple computers. And if you don’t mind downloading another extension, there’s currently one available for Firefox users, with an IE extension in the works. This basic service is free, but they plan to charge $2.99/month for a Pro account. There’s no word yet on what that might include."

Links;
Pete's article
Fleck.com

1 comment:

ravenII said...

Thanks, I do like your Idea and I do think, it will be interesting to many a people. I have been using the site since It managed to handle the onslaught of users. Good Luck