Sunday, January 28, 2007

Get your University on the map, 3D, using Google Sketchup

Google started on 25th of this month, Build Your Campus in 3D Competition. You and your team, all those free loading friends can honor your campus turf as you hone your 3D design skills just by modeling your school's campus buildings in Google SketchUp, geo-reference them in Google Earth, and submit them through the competition website to earn lasting online glory. If you are the lucky winner, you (and friends) get a visit to Google, all expenses paid. I am sure you will be able eat at the famous free cafeteria's.
I don't think I will compete, I have already been to Google, a few times. So next time I guess I will stay there.
Go ahead join the crowd. Get your campus on the map. Also be aware of the judges, that includes Bobby Brooks from Walt Disney Imagineering, Ken Harsha from Electronic Arts, Janet Martin from Communication Arts Inc. Paul Seletsky from Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Gary Smith from Green Mountain Geographics LTD, and Ken M Tse from HKS Architects, Inc.


links;
Get your campus in 3D on Google Map
Google sketchup contest

No comments: