Monday, January 22, 2007

The Linux Foundation is laid! Let's start building

With Linux growing and bursting at seems like my waist line, two of the top organizations that guide its growth are finally have joined forces, OSDL and FSG.
OSDL is Open Source Development Labs
FSG is Free Standards Group
Now they are the Linux Foundation
I would guess that everything goes well with the new venture as it is needed very badly for growth of Linux.
Press and Blogsphere is awash with the news but I would like to direct you to an article that I think encapsulates all very well, Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols' news post over at Linux-watch.com.
Steve carries you through what the two organizations are and the importance of them coming together. So without reading about my waist line, follow the link to a nice explanation.

Links;
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols' news post
Linux Foundation

No comments: