Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Microsoft Office Live Space, Is Not Google Docs.

Today Microsoft opened up its Office Live Space as a public beta. I tried it out and it does what it says, a share point for your office, Microsoft Office documents.
Unlike Google Docs, you cannot make documents online. Also Google Docs runs on my PC, My notebook loaded with Ubuntu and Windows XP, My Nokia 810 and although I have not tried yet, even on my phone.
If you are planing to use Office Live Space don't plan to walk very far from your computer and a Microsoft OS. Those plugins don't run anywhere else!
So don't come telling me that M$ is challenging Google Docs, it does not. Perhaps in the future it might but hold the horses for the moment. Oh don't go sing the prises to Steve, the one who throws chairs around.
tag: ,

No comments: