Thursday, February 22, 2007

Going to work with Google Apps, Google Apps enterprise

I have been using Google Docs & Spreadsheets and has been a refreshing experience. I use OpenOffice Org's Office applications and M$'s office suite. I have Open Office on my notebook, which I use most of the time. But it is much easier to use Docs & Spreadsheets for some of the tasks that I have to do day to day.
So I see on Official Docs & Spreadsheets blog entry that this is possible with your SMB (small business), your enterprise, your school or your family and friends, collectively called Google Apps.
The media all over telling it is $50/account/year but remember that You and I do not have to pay if you do not need to use the premiere version the standard version is free.
You can compare the two editions here. I have been using the free edition but planing to move on to the premier edition to make use of the API and third party applications and services.

You can read more about Google Apps by following the links given in the article.

No comments: